Nirmal Neurocare Health
The Best Doctor Gives the Least Medicines
Dr. Santosh Dilipkumar Durugkar
M.B.B.S., M.D., D.N.B.
Dr. Durugkar has been working in medicine for more than 14 years, with a distinguished education in Nephrology and international experience before joining the Nirmal NeuroCare center in Nanded.
His past experience include-
- Clinical fellow in Nephrology University Health Network, University of Toronto, Canada from 2008-2010
- Consultant Nephrologist, Kamineni Hospital, Hyderabad, India from 2007-2008
- Assistant Professor in Medicine , I/C Nephrology Division, Shri Krishna Hospital and Pramukh Swami Medical College, Kramsad, India from 2006-2007
- Resident, Department of Nephrology, Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadian, India from 2003-2006
- Lecturer, Department of Medicine, K.E.M.H, Mumbai, India 2002
- Associate Consultant Krishna Cardiac Hosptical, Mumbai from 2001-2002
- Resident in Internal Medicine, LTMMC and LTMGH, Mumbai from 1998-2001
His research publications include-
- ‘Thyrotoxicosis in Trophoblastic Disaease’ at MAPICON’2000, held in Thane in October’2000.
- Co-authored paper titled ‘Profile of HIV Seropositivity in Elderly’ at APICON’2001, held in Delhi in January’2001.
- Co-authored paper titled ‘Critical Care in the Elderly’-a case report at APICON’2001 held in Delhi in January’2001.
- Presented a case report titled ‘POEMSSYND’ in VII CME in HAEMATOLOGY, held at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai in April’2001.
- Co-authored paper Titled “Fifteen Years’ Experiences of Treating Atherosclerotic Renal Artery Stenosis by Interventional Nephrologists in India, Seminars in Dialysis, Volume 25, Issue1, pages 97-104, January/February”
His clinical trials experience include-
- Co-Investigator: A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, Three Arm, parallel group, Multi center, multi national, safety &efficacy trial of 300 mg & 900 mg of Abetimus sodium in systemic lupus Erythematosous (SLE) patients with a history of renal disease.
Project code : LJP – 394 -90- 14 (Phase –III)
- Co-Investigator: An open labeled prospective multicentric study of Lanthanum carbonate in combination with calcium based phosphate binders in patients of Hyperphosphatemia of chronic kidney disease
Protocol code: Panbio/CCD/08/Fosbait+Calcium (Phase IV)
- Principal Investigator: A randomized, open label, multi-center study to evaluate the efficacy, tolerability and safety of Darbepoetin alfa as compared to Erythropoietin in anemia associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD)
PROTOCOL ID: HCR/III/Darb/05/2011